When American troops liberated the Dachau concentration camp, they were so enraged by the death they saw that a group of soldiers summarily executed Nazi soldiers. One man filmed the actions, and then struggled with a moral dilemma: Should he turn over the film to officers, perhaps leading to the punishment of American liberators? Scholars discuss what they would do in this scenario after watching a brief film about the case.
- Use the resource as an introductory activity to discuss the liberation of the concentration camps during World War II
- Contains graphic images and descriptions of the dead
- Resource is just one part of a larger War in Europe playlist
- Images are powerful and engaging
- Narrator clearly explains the ethical dilemma