Space transportation usually means rockets, but cars play a huge role in exploring the moon. A useful video from the SciShow Space series explains the reason for lunar rovers and many of the discoveries made thanks to these cars. Reid Reimers also details the challenges in designing and transporting cars to the moon in the short video.
- Share what it looks like to drive on the moon
- Content ends at 5:20, and the rest is an advertisement
- Relies on prior knowledge of the moon, moon landings, and lunar rovers
- Requires very little class time
- Shares photos from multiple NASA missions