This What Really Happens to the Plastic You Throw Away video also includes:
Inspire environmentally conscious young minds with an exceptional video, which traces the life cycles of three different plastic bottles after they are thrown away and move through the earth with different journeys through a landfill, an ocean garbage path, and a recycling center.
- Pause the video after the first minute to discuss the negative environmental effects of how plastic bottles are created with oil drilling
- Pose the question to students of how to prevent plastic bottles from moving to a landfill or ocean, and then take a hands-on, project-based approach to how your class specifically can address their disposal
- In order to fully benefit from the film, pupils should have an understanding of ecosystems, groundwater, and basic chemical bonding prior to beginning the clip
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clear, enlightening explanations and illustrations
- Includes links to create online assessment, additional resources, and discussion