This What is Theater? Crash Course Theater #1 video also includes:
For thousands of years, the dramatic arts played an important role in civilization. The first episode of Crash Course Theater, a high-quality video series, defines and gives a brief overview of the topic. From explaining the difference between theatre and theater to describing the use of human and non-human actors, the video provides a broad overview of the components of early drama.
- Create guided notes for learners to fill in as they watch the video to help them remember key pieces of information
- Have scholars craft their own definitions of the term theater either individually or in pairs
- Save the playlist to a YouTube account for easy access
- An energetic, humorous speaker makes the content more engaging
- On-screen text and images support key points
- Moves through a lot of information very quickly