In the eyes of a physicist, the purpose of life is to continue the mission of the sun. An engaging lesson discusses the increasing entropy levels of energy that originates at the sun. As life forms use that energy, entropy rises until it becomes photons of infrared light.
- Brainstorm ideas to answer the question "What is the purpose of life?" prior to watching the video
- Ask pupils to write down three takeaways after viewing the lesson
- Requires a strong understanding of entropy
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Creative images add humor and clarity to the content
- Includes links to other videos on a similar topic