Five percent of the weight of a human cell comes from RNA, while only one percent comes from DNA. The video explains what RNA is and how it relates to DNA. It also describes the importance of understanding RNA and the two types of RNA: mRNA and tRNA. To finish, it outlines the role RNA plays in viruses. The video links to other Fuse School Biology videos related to Genetics.
- Break down the vocabulary words into roots to help with comprehension
- Discuss in more detail the difference in the base T from DNA and the base U in RNA
- Relies on prior knowledge of DNA
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Addresses the outdated idea of RNA only being a photocopier of DNA
- Works well in a traditional or flipped classroom