This What Is Myth? Crash Course World Mythology #1 video also includes:
What are myths, what purpose do they serve, and how do they differ from other types of stories? Scholars watch a 13-minute video to explore an interesting topic in-depth. The video, which is the first in the Crash Course World Mythology series, makes a great supplement to an introductory lesson on mythology.
- As students watch the video, have them make a list of the features common to myths
- Have individuals complete a Venn diagram to compare myths to short stories
- Makes a reference to rape and "deeply uncomfortable sexual content" beginning at 7:47
- Fun, animated graphics help reinforce content
- Narrated in a friendly, conversational, and humorous tone