Fire is both dangerous and amazing. Allow your class to gain a more meaningful understanding of this natural phenomenon as they view a short video segment on the chemistry and physics of fire. Pupils learn why a fire burns, how fires spread, how they are extinguished, and much more all in the name of science.
- Have the class research the importance of fire safety during various outdoor activities that involve flames and/or burning
- Create or find an activity associated with this topic to demonstrate the concepts discussed in the video
- Ensure all learners understand both the benefits and risks associated with fire before concluding the lesson
- Thorough explanation of the concept of fire
- Encourages expansion of the video into a full lesson and other teacher-led activities