This What Is Consciousness? video also includes:
Why aren't we conscious of every cell in our body at all times? An informational video explains how sensory input builds models that the brain relies on, and how consciousness tends to be a cerebral attempt to achieve "good enough" perception of the world.
- Use the video as an introduction to a neurological unit in psychology or physiology
- Have learners conduct experiments based on shared sensory experiences
- Content is engaging but complex, making it most appropriate for older viewers
- Requires access to the Internet
- Includes links to related topics
- Addresses a philosophical question in a straightforward way