Nature clones plants and animals through asexual reproduction. The video explains what asexual reproduction is and the process involved. It highlights some of the plants, bacteria, and animals that use asexual reproduction. The video exists as part of the Fuse School Genetics playlist, but it applies to other biology studies as well.
- Pre-teach what a hydra is, as many aren't familiar with it
- Discuss the pros and cons of asexual reproduction
- Relies on prior knowledge of mitosis
- Provides almost a full transcript to assist in note taking
- Works well in both traditional or flipped classrooms