This What Happens When You Remove the Hippocampus? instructional video also includes:
Imagine not being able to remember what day it is or what food you had for breakfast this morning. This nightmare was a reality for Henry Molaison, whose life story is the focus of this video explaining how different parts of the brain are responsible for creating and recalling short-term and long-term memories.
- Include this video in a psychology lesson series on memory or the anatomy of the human brain
- Use this video to introduce a project in which students research and give presentations on the different parts of the brain
- Assign the video and assessment questions as homework, having a whole group discussion during the following class period
- Information is presented as a fun animation that will engage the class
- Video uses diagrams to support students with learning about the anatomy of the brain
- Resource allows teachers to create customized lessons based on the video