Hummingbirds consume their weight in nectar every day. The video explains their unusual flying abilities. From holding their bodies perfectly still while flapping their wings in mid air in order to get the nectar to shaking off water when it rains, the high-definition video highlights their beauty.
- Find videos of other birds flying and compare and contrast the different ways they move their wings
- Discuss what other birds do when it is raining and they must fly
- Video best fits when studying animal adaptations, birds, or flight
- Includes closed captioning for ease of note taking
- Works well in a traditional or flipped classroom