This What Good May I Do: Franklin and the American Civic Association lesson plan also includes:
Benjamin Franklin may have been a Founding Father of the United States, but he also founded a number of civic associations. Learners explore his legacy using a biographical essay and collaborative activity. After their exploration, extension activities include launching their own service projects.
- Offer the lesson before embarking on a service-learning project
- Part of a collection of lessons in celebration of The Benjamin Franklin Tercentenary
- Lesson requires advanced teacher research
- Biographical excerpt may be above the reading level of many middle/junior high school readers
- Activity includes ideas such as graphic organizers that make it ready to implement
- Lesson has real-world applications