This What Does Peace Mean? lesson plan also includes:
Let peace begin with your class! After brainstorming definitions and interpretations of the word peace, class members draw their version of peace and pass it to a neighbor, who adds to the drawing. Several rounds later, students get their pictures back and analyze whether their classmates define peace differently than they do.
- Connect to the four levels of conflict in the previous lesson: is interpersonal peace the same as world peace?
- Use in a lesson on handling conflictions between peers
- The third part of a five-lesson on conflict resolution
- Provides timing suggestions for implementation
- Includes an exit pass worksheet for a closure activity