Why is your sweat salty? An episode of the ACS Reactions series examines the role of electrolytes in our systems. The narrator explains how the salts of electrolytes work in the nervous system. When we lose those electrolytes through sweat, our bodies can suffer the consequences.
- Have pupils research the advantages and disadvantages of sports drinks
- Use snapshots from the video lesson to create a presentation
- Expects a basic understanding of the chemical structure of ions
- Includes many visual representations to add clarity to the concepts
- Offers subtitles to aid in note taking