This What Are Ways for Youth to Engage in Politics? lesson plan also includes:
Help young people become excited to participate in politics. High school historians participate in an engaging lesson focused on ways for youth to become involved in government. Scholars review articles, videos, and essential vocabulary before completing a group discussion and a hands-on activity. Academics also research political issues and develop a plan to become involved in creating change.
- Have learners create political posters promoting youth participation in politics to share in the school setting
- Arrange for voting officials to speak about local voter turnout
- Instructor should print background articles before the lesson begins
- The resource includes extension activities to enhance pupils' engagement
- Material provides background knowledge to assist in the learning process