Once upon a time, SchoolHouse Rock used Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla to teach a lesson pronouns. Featuring an updated song, the third of four videos in a Language Arts playlist, uses a catchy hip-hop tune to teach about pronoun-antecedent agreement. With big beats and helpful lyrics, it encourages learners to "become a pro at pronouns."
- Review the different types of pronouns before watching the video to ensure learners know that part of speech
- Take a text that contains pronouns and antecedents and remove or change them, then have scholars correct the document
- Consider printing the lyrics from the Flocabulary website to make it easier for viewers to follow along
- Uses repetition and alliteration to capture listeners' attention
- Includes the lyrics on the screen to make it easier to follow along
- Requires a paid subscription to Flocabulary to access supplemental teacher materials (although a free trial is available)