What's the function of functional groups? Explore the portions of biological molecules that make things happen with a video from Socratica's series on biology. The narrator illustrates each major functional group, then describes them in terms of their constituents, reactivity, and interactions with water.
- Watch the video after viewing the first one in the series that describes the foundation molecules of biochemistry
- Pass out flashcards and have the class make one for each functional group as they watch the video
- Make sure you've covered some basic organic principles before watching the resource
- The study plan described in the video is helpful for beginners in biochemistry
- Explains the content in a very detailed, thorough manner