Explore terminology related to water droplets. The sixth installment of a nine-part series teaches young scientists about wetting and contact angles between water droplets and surfaces. It also distinguishes between hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces.
- Have learners create a graphic organizer comparing total wetting, partial wetting, and no wetting
- Be sure to use the associated activity (seventh installment of the series) with this lesson
- You need some method for showing a picture to the class (projection or printouts)
- Teacher resource includes diagrams and photos that promote understanding
- Does not provide any handouts or worksheets