This West Nile Virus: Vectors and Hosts Game activity & project also includes:
The spread of an infectious disease can be a complicated process. Using a game approach, learners reenact the spread of the West Nile virus. They learn the need for the vector in transmitting the disease and how different organisms react differently to the disease.
- Combine classes to create a larger playing field for better results
- Allow time to prepare game cards prior to the activity
- Ensure pupils have a basic understanding of the function of a virus prior to the activity
- Adaptable to different levels of biology courses
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help plan for instruction