Would you believe we are salting our food as it grows? Water tables rise in areas cleared for crops causing the salty water to reach the roots of those crops. The video narrator explains the negative effects on plants as well as strategies farmers use to reverse the trend.
- Invite local farmers to talk about how they monitor the height of the water table and concerns they have with its rise
- Conduct a lab investigation monitoring plant growth when exposed to varying levels of salt water
- Requires a basic understanding of water tables
- Includes real-life references as well as historical references
- Provides subtitles in various languages to aid in note taking and comprehension