NASA currently operates missions to the sun at the center the galaxy as well as the mysterious glow at the outside edge of the solar system. Learn about both missions thanks to an engaging installment from the SciShow Space series. First, Hank Green explains the new Parker Solar Probe headed into the sun's atmosphere. Then, he details New Horizon's mission after passing Pluto.
- Learn about the current progress of the Parker Solar Probe
- Discuss how gravity assist will slow down the probe rather than speed it up like in other missions
- Relies on prior knowledge of the sun, the galaxy, and NASA
- Offers closed captioning for ease of note taking
- Links to additional resources for extending learning