Most over-the-counter weight loss pills have not been tested or even approved by the FDA. Learners see the truth behind weight loss pills and why many claims are false. The narrator begins by exploring prescription diet pills—fat blockers and appetite suppressants and what they do inside the body. He then explores green tea and its weight loss effects and new drugs in the testing phase for future use.
- Have classes research different weight loss pills, techniques, diets, etc., and share their findings
- To help all viewers follow along, turn on closed captioning
- Video best fits in a unit on health and wellness
- Other related videos can be seen by clicking on the pop-up boxes that appear throughout the video
- For ELL scholars, turn on auto-translate in settings and choose the language needed; the video can then be viewed through closed captioning in a person's home language