This Weight and Balance of an Airplane lesson plan also includes:
A career in aeronautics might be calling your class members. Building from the previous two lessons in the series, learners continue analyzing the mathematics of aeronautics. Groups create a paper airplane using paperclips for balance. Following the exploration, individuals calculate the weight and balance of different airplane scenarios to ensure the crafts are safe to fly.
- Have pupils write a paragraph explaining the importance of balance in relation to airplane flight and how balance impacts airplane design
- Prepare an example to demonstrate to your class prior to the activity
- Requires advance preparation of materials and information
- Includes important background information
- Provides answer keys for each handout