This Weighing the Evidence for a Mass Extinction Part 2: On Land activity & project also includes:
What can fossils tell us about periods of extinction? Young scholars interpret fossil layers to make conclusions about changes in life during different geological time periods. They analyze the fossils for abundance and diversity as well as trends.
- Pair with part one from the same author to study extinction both in the ocean and on land
- Provide a geological time scale as a reference during the activity
- Learners must have a solid understanding of reading fossil layers
- Includes a detailed answer key
- Provides options to extend learning