This Weather Patterns of the Pacific Ocean lesson plan also includes:
How do oceans affect weather patterns? Learners define vocabulary associated with dew point, topographical lifting, condensation, and formation of clouds and precipitation as they explore the weather in the Pacific Northwest. They also explore how the Pacific Ocean affects weather and use journal prompts to connect the learning to real-life applications. Finally, they watch a demonstration to learn about condensation and the water cycle.
- Have pupils practice graphing weather data to compare different areas of the Pacific Northwest and their weather patterns
- Break scholars into small groups and have them complete the demonstration, then have them share out their observations
- The PowerPoint contains a map, data, and graphs, so some teacher preparation is necessary
- The demonstration allows for learners to think deeply about the phenomenon
- Could connect to lessons about geography and formation of land masses