Is it possible scientists located the first exomoon, a moon outside our solar system? Watch a video lesson to learn why researchers believe they discovered an exomoon and the implications of this discovery on further research. Additionally, the presentation in the SciShow Space series provides other explanations that may also explain the discovery.
- Have pupils choose a counter explanation for the existence of the exomoon and defend their stance
- Ask individuals to list all new vocabulary while viewing the lesson
- An understanding of the characteristics of the solar system is helpful
- Discusses the astronomical data suggesting the existence of the exomoon
- Provides an option for closed captioning to support English learners