This Waves, Sinusoids, and Identities lesson plan also includes:
What is the net effect when two waves interfere with each other? The lesson plan answers this question by helping the class visualize waves through graphing. Pupils graph individual waves and determine the effect of the interference between two of them. To find the net effect, scholars use graphing techniques and the addition formula for sine.
- Provide practice for the class to graphically add two general functions
- Individuals should understand the trigonometric addition formulas
- Class members should be able to graph sinusoids
- The lesson is the sixth installment in a 16-part series
- Provides a notes section for the teacher that includes resources about waves
- Includes scaffolding on how to use technology to graph the functions