This Watt Meters to Measure Energy Consumption activity & project also includes:
It used watt amount of energy? This resource investigates the power usage of small household appliances. Using a watt meter, groups measure the actual wattage used by an appliance and then calculate the energy used daily.
27 Views 10 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Determine the cost to run individual appliances for a month
- Calculate the savings if appliances were unplugged when not in use
- Requires extension cords and small appliances
- Teacher will need watt meters to complete the activity
- Activity engages the class
- Comes with an online app to help calculate energy usage
- Provides an extension that compares regular holiday lights and LED lights.