This Water Words lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Water is an interesting substance that all living things need to survive. Learners focus on the characteristics of water as they create a list of words related to water and then incorporate them into descriptive paragraphs. They then use their creative skills to construct poems about water.
- Create an interdisciplinary science and writing lesson
- Use videos of water in nature to inspire thoughts on its different characteristics
- Expects an ability to write a paragraph and poem
- Uses concept maps to organize information
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary