What common chemical includes safety warnings for being harmful if swallowed or inhaled, causes serious eye damage, and needs to be cleaned up immediately if spilled on the floor? Surprisingly, the dangerous chemical turns out to be water. A presentation covers the properties of water before going into the properties of solutions, pH, and buffers.
- Perform acid/base testing in class
- Share the chemical safety sheet for water
- Relies on prior knowledge of basic chemistry
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides simple illustrations to accompany the concepts
- Uses color to highlight the major idea on each slide