How much water does it take to brush your teeth? How about to wash your clothes? Perform an experiment that measures water usage in everyday tasks and compares them to the days before indoor plumbing, specifically the California gold rush of 1849.
- A great activity to illustrate water usage during a conservation unit or when preparing for Earth Day
- Use when studying about the California gold rush
- Have kids complete the extension activities for enrichment or extra credit
- Based on San Francisco's water usage, but applicable to any city's water supply
- Does not provide a lab sheet or worksheet for kids to record their findings
- An effective way to combine science and math in one assignment
- Provides discussion topics and tips