This “War Is Hell. We Know it Now.” American Soldiers in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive lesson plan also includes:
Understanding the soldier's experiences during World War I sometimes takes a newscast. Learners see the importance of understanding multiple points of view with a newscast project surrounding the Meuse-Argonne Offensive. Compare and contrast activities along with the group activity also help develop critical thinking skills.
- Assign the first day's procedure as homework
- Ask other small groups to take notes during presentation time
- Requires some lesson prep work
- Enables the growth of skills with primary and secondary sources
- Provides methods to extend learning
- Collaborative activities teach pupils important social skills