This War: Crash Course Statistics #42 video also includes:
Discover the statistics war. The 42nd video in the Crash Course Statistics series introduces how statistics have proven valuable during wartime. The resource covers the use of statistics in breaking the German code, finding U-boats, and determining the number of tanks the Germans manufactured during World War II. Statisticians use those same ideas for purposes outside of wartime such as finding a sunken submarine.
- Research the Enigma machine and determine the number of possible settings
- Have pupils develop codes to conceal messages
- Individuals should have a basic understanding of permutations
- Provides background information about the people in the video
- Includes a simplified example on how Bayesian reasoning works in searches