This Volume of Prism assessment also includes:
The area is essential to volume. As part of the review for the General Certificate of Secondary Education math assessment, a helpful video covers how to find the volume of several common 3-D figures. Pupils use the general volume formula of the area of a cross-section times the height, to find the volume of several types of prisms.
- For composite shapes, have groups calculate the volume differently and confirm they arrive at the same volume
- Individuals should be able to find the area of a variety of geometric shapes
- Volume of the prisms instruction ends at 8:35 in the video
- Shows the calculations needed to determine the volume
- The video contains problems where more information is given than needed to ensure scholars know the measurements used to calculate the volume