This Volume of a Rectangular Prism lesson plan also includes:
Fill the minds of your young mathematicians. A hands-on activity has learners fill in a rectangular prism with unit cubes to determine its volume. the exercise provides a great hands-on way for learners to connect the activity to the volume formula V = lwh, helping further cement the concept.
- Have pupils create volume problems for classmates to solve
- Activity requires a transparent box and some smaller cubes to place in it
- Note that the resource only provides standards alignment for Virginia's 2009 Standards of Learning
- Includes some strategies for differentiation
- No student worksheets or handouts