Assist your pupils as they learn to separate base words and affixes, and learn to put them together to determine the meaning of words. Partners practice with cards that include words with affixes.
44 Views 28 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Laminate the cards so that kids can use them over and over again
- Try out the extension idea (materials included) as a whole class after going over the results of the partner activity
- Class members should have some prior knowledge of affixes and root words before completing this activity
- Provides extension ideas to extend and enrich practice with this concept
- Comes with cards and a worksheet for students to fill out