This Visual Interpretations of the CRC lesson plan also includes:
How can people better understand the human rights that are guaranteed to children around the world? Pupils attempt to answer the question with the second of two lessons explaining the Introduction to the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). Scholars read and interpret the CRC with a think-aloud and class discussion. Next, they select one article to illustrate.
- As a supplemental resource, provide copies of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Adheres to Common Core College and Career Readiness Standards
- Requires a copy of the CRC for each student
- Lesson includes clear learning objectives and guiding questions
- Provides a handy illustrated guide of the CRC