This Virtual Lab: Cobalt Chloride and Le Chatelier’s Principle interactive also includes:
Colorful cobalt complexes make a great way to learn about Le Chatelier! Eager chemists explore equilibrium through a virtual lab. Individuals use solutions with two different concentrations and observe the color changes that indicate shifts in equilibrium.
- Get the lesson started with a video from Flinn Scientific
- Perform the reactions as demonstrations after the class has completed the virtual lab
- Students should be comfortable with ion complexes and solution vocabulary
- Make sure the class understands the controls in the simulation before getting started
- The solutions for the lab are pre-made, allowing more time for pupils to focus on Le Chateleir's Principle
- Background information is well-written and great for learners new to equilibrium reactions