This Alexander the Great and the Situation... the Great? instructional video also includes:
What made Alexander the Great so great? John Green reviews three possible definitions of the term great that we ascribe to historical figures, while offering a fairly comprehensive overview of the accomplishments and legacy of Alexander of Macedon.
- Review video to ensure some scenes are appropriate for the maturity level of your class
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Includes some famous historical quotations and primary source references
- Discusses destruction of the Persian Empire, creation of Hellenistic Kingdoms, idea of absolute monarchy, and Alexander's impact on Pompeii and Napoleon Bonaparte
- Provides a lesson plan for extension and classroom implementation, as well as a student worksheet packet