The distinctive attire of royalty, working class, and peasants of the Victorian era conveys much about the conditions of the time. Learn more about why people dressed as they did, and how their fashion changed during the 64-year reign of Queen Victioria.
- Present pictures from different eras in world history, and see if learners can identify the images from the Victorian era
- For advanced or older learners, have them connect the changes in Victorian fashion with the Industrial Revolution in Europe
- Written to include a CD, though the lesson could be adapted without it
- Requires preparation, including pictures of Victorian clothing as well as modern clothing
- Encourages learners to conduct inquiry-based research
- Incorporates an interesting component of history into the lesson