This Vertical Translations interactive also includes:
Change the y-intercept by adding a constant to the function. Individuals move three functions vertically along the y-axis. As they observe how the equation of the functions change with the vertical movement, learners determine how to create vertical shifts by adding a constant to the function.
- Lead a discussion on what happens with the maximums and minimums of functions with a vertical shift
- Access requires signing up for a free account
- The video covers both vertical and horizontal translations
- Includes hints for the more difficult problems
- Students can view the correct answer if they select the wrong response