Have you ever wondered what causes tumors to grow? VEGF is a very important factor because it is a hormone that causes blood vessels to grow and is triggered by cancer cells to increase blood supply to a tumor. Viewers learn about the hormone and its effect on tumors in a short video clip.
- Use as an extension to a discussion of cancer and tumor growth
- Identify the role of blood vessels in tumor growth and what causes these blood vessels to grow
- Introduce hormones and their roles in growth
- Assumes students have a basic understanding of cancer
- Connects a lot of different concepts, so it makes a great supplement to a variety of topics (cancer, tissue growth, hormones)
- Features animation of blood vessel growth