This Vectors and Stone Bridges lesson plan also includes:
What does it take to build a stable arch? Pupils apply vectors and physics as they examine arched bridges and their structural integrity. They use vectors to represent the forces acting on the stone sections and make conclusions based on their calculations.
- As learners work with the GeoGebra software, have them record examples of stable and unstable arches
- Begin by spending time examining the different ways to describe the direction of a vector
- Requires laptops with Internet access to use GeoGebra software
- Includes a detailed teacher guide to reference during lesson planning
- Provides an exit ticket and set of practice problems to assign as independent practice