This Vanadium interactive also includes:
Introduce your chemistry scholars to the periodic table's Goddess of Beauty! Through an interactive that highlights the transition metal vanadium, learners discover the colors produced in solution as vanadium changes oxidation state. They use the data to solve a group of logic puzzles in an online format.
- Perform the Goddess of Beauty demonstration from Flinn Scientific to illustrate the colors produced when vanadium changes oxidation state
- Use the first puzzle as a data table and have the class record their observations of vanadium's colorful cations
- Pupils should be well-versed in assigning oxidation numbers
- Resources in the Teacher's Area include a printable copy of the puzzles, an answer key, and tips for using the activity
- The interactive is fun and challenging