This Using Water Chemistry as an Indicator of Stream Health lesson plan also includes:
Will this water source support life? Small groups test the chemistry of the water drawn from two different sources. They then compare the collected data to acceptable levels to draw conclusions about the health of the source. The included PowerPoint presentations provide information about water pollution sources and water quality issues.
- Research local water sources and any oversight committees
- Needs two sources of water to test
- Requires water testing kits
- Includes a table on how to interpret test results
- Provides information about two different water testing kits
- First PowerPoint is an overview of the entire project