This Using the Scientific Process to Study Human Evolution interactive also includes:
Did humans and dinosaurs coexist? How do we know? Scholars dig in to the tools and methods researchers used to study the process of human evolution by watching a slideshow with embedded video clips. Pupils learn the importance of asking specific questions to guide research, as well as how communication is key in the scientific community.
- Plan time for the interactive during an evolution unit
- Have learners complete the lesson on their own, then show excerpts from a video lecture to take the topic further
- Review rock layers and how they relate to the fossil record before beginning the interactive
- The resource is perfect for a homework assignment or sub plan
- Students work at their own pace and can move forward and back through the lesson as needed