This Using Quotes to Explain: Why Philo Farnsworth Invented Television lesson plan also includes:
Television or radio? Scholars read pages 18-28 of The Boy Who Invented TV: The Story of Philo Farnsworth to discover why Farnsworth thought TV was better than radio. They determine the gist of the section and then look closer at why television was invented.
- Have pupils debate the advantages of television versus radio
- Installment six of 13 in 5th Grade ELA Module 2B, Unit 2
- Order of lessons matters
- Requires tape, glue, or staplers
- Lists vocabulary to teach along with the lesson
- Includes answers for teacher reference