This Using Quotes to Explain Relationships: The Invention of the Electric Motor lesson plan also includes:
Read it and read it again. Scholars do multiple reads of the text The Electric Motor. During the first pass, they read to discover the gist of the text. In the second, pupils use quotes from the article to explain the use of the electric motor and complete a cause-and-effect note catcher. Learners then discuss using context clues and answer text-dependent questions.
- Teach along with history and science standards focusing on inventions
- Lesson seven of 10 in Grade 5 ELA Module 2B, Unit 1
- Expects that students complete lessons in order
- Includes answers to questions for teacher reference
- Gives ideas to meet the needs of struggling readers