This Using Politics to Improve Participation in Elections unit also includes:
Instructors new to teaching AP U.S. Government and Politics classes, as well as seasoned veterans, will find this teaching guide an invaluable resource. Using a project-based approach to civics education, the lessons emphasize real-world relevance, encourage political action, and reflection on the approach to and impact of their projects.
- Set aside considerable prep time to examine the booklet and to determine how you will incorporate the modules into your course curriculum
- The 76-page teaching guide is divided into four modules: Investigate and Learn; Action Plan; Take Action, and Report and Celebrate
- Each module includes an overview, lesson plans, activities, implementation options, and links to how-to videos
- The framework identifies the core skills class members will develop as they progress through each module
- The topic for each lesson (federalism, for example) is also identified